Monday, November 9, 2015

Texting cute boys during elder’s quorum

So I have been texting this boy that I kind of like for the past couple of weeks. It is kind of annoying though because I feel like I am always the one that carries the conversation and a lot of the time he only responds with short three word answers and can take hours to respond. About two weekends ago I asked him if he wanted to go on a date. He said he could not because he had to go to a funeral. I was thinking, “Oh, so you can’t go out with me at any time during the weekend because you have to go to a funeral for 48 hours. Okay, that makes sense.” He did not seem like it was for someone that he was that close too, so I thought it was not because he needed time to mourn. I ended up thinking maybe he is not really interested.

Today he sent me a, “what’s up” message and we started texting while I was getting ready for church. As usual he seemed to only respond with short couple-word answers. Again I thought he must not really be that into me because he doesn’t seem to contribute as much to the conversation. Then during elders quorum he responded to me and said, “I am happy just talking to you, I like your personality and find you cute. :)” It made me melt. I started grinning from ear to ear while everybody else was focused on the lesson and were being serious. Then I started reflecting on where I was. I was at church, surrounded by a bunch of straight guys, who, if they knew why I was grinning, would probably find me absolutely abhorrent. Yep, these are the moments that make life worth living. Texting cute boys during elder’s quorum.

No comments:

Post a Comment